- Agency by Design: What does it mean to see the world like a designer? What is “maker thinking?” What kinds of thinking dispositions characterize a tinkerer? These are some of the questions at the heart of the Agency by Design project, a multi-year research and development initiative at Project Zero, a research organization at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Making Thinking Happen: Official blog space of the Agency by Design project—an initiative sponsored by the Abundance Foundation that is exploring ideas at the intersection of the maker movement, design thinking, and Project Zero frameworks.
- Stanford’s Design School d.k12: We inspire and develop the creative confidence of educators and support edu innovators catalyzing new models for teaching and learning.
LESSONS AND ACTIVTIES
- The Marshmallow Design Challenge: In this lesson, K-12 student teams have a limited period of time (18 minutes) to build the tallest free-standing spaghetti structure that can support a marshmallow. They learn how engineers collaborate to design, test, and improve on their ideas, as well as examine hidden assumptions that can derail the creative process and final product.
- TryEngineering.org: lesson plans that get kids very hands-on with the design process
STEM / STEAM: